Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Full Circle

Today was a day of recharging and preparation. I woke up early to get a jump start on all the things I needed to get taken care of. Checked with the front desk to rent my room another night and headed off to find a grocery store. Once I did, I was again met with my weak spot - build your own salads. I made a fantastic brunch/lunch for myself and headed off for a few more errands.

Awesome sign posted at a gas station in Seattle


So, back to the hotel, errands run and dog walked, I started relaxing and taking care of the few odds and ends that needed looking up on the internet, mainly where I could get the least expensive new tires, and how exactly to get to the Arrivals section of the SeaTac airport.


Finally 9:00 showed up, and I hopped in the car to head to the airport to pick up my mom. Needless to say, it was not the effortless endeavor Google had laid out for me, but in the end I was a little early if anything. We went out to eat at a place called 13 Coins; way fancier than what I intended, but it was fun none the less. The lavishly tall leather booths and modern chandlers were really cool. I know its only been a hair over two weeks since I've seen my mom, but sitting across from her, it felt like no time had passed - I'm so excited to explore Washington with her :)
Light fixture at 13 Coins

No comments:

Post a Comment